Yoga is an ancient art of connecting one’s mind, body and spirit. Practicing it on a regular basis can have many benefits.
Here are 5 practical benefits of practicing Yoga on the regular:
1) Yoga reduces stress and anxiety – One of the most common reasons for practicing yoga is to reduce stress and anxiety. Yoga helps in relaxing the muscles and calming the mind which, in turn, reduces stress and anxiety levels. Yoga can also help in managing chronic pain and improving sleep quality.
2) Yoga improves your posture – Chronic poor posture can lead to chronic pain. Yoga offers simple stretches to strengthen the muscles and stretch tightness in the back, neck, shoulders, and hips. The stretches lengthen the body and help it maintain a more relaxed state.
3) Yoga increases flexibility – Believe it or not, you don’t have to be flexible to do yoga but yoga is actually a great way to improve your flexibility! It’s been found that people who practice yoga on a regular basis are more flexible than those who don’t practice it at all. This is because yoga helps to increase blood flow to your joints and muscles.
4) Yoga boosts immunity – Did you know that yoga can boost your immune system by promoting lymphatic regularity and nourishing your tissues with oxygen-rich blood cells? Your lymphatic system plays an essential role in healthy immunity, circulation and detoxification.
5) Yoga reduces fatigue – It seems counterintuitive but the move you move your body the more energy you’ll have. Like a loose interpretation of Newton’s Law of Motion, once you get something into motion it has an easier time keeping up that movement. Keeping a consistent yoga practice up will help you fight the feelings of daily fatigue. If you start your morning with just a 10 minute movement or a full sun salutation you will feel much more energy throughout the day.
Yoga is a form of exercise that has been around for centuries. It has recently gained popularity as a way to stay healthy, relieve stress and lose weight. Yoga can be practiced in the comfort of your home with the help of online videos or DVDs.
If practicing yoga excites you please join any one of my classes if you are local by visiting my Weekly Schedule Here
I also posted this 1 hour yoga class for you to enjoy when we can’t meet each other.